For this week's Friday Five, Mary Beth, inspired by the singing of a colleague, asks:
What lifts you up when you are low or troubled? Who helps you remember that you are not alone, it's getting better all the time, etc.? Your five responses can be people you know, people you DON'T know, music, places, foods, scripture, surprises, something you do for someone else. It could be a pair of slippers. It could be a glass of water.
Bonus: Do you like the song "Jingle Bell Rock?" If you do, who do you prefer to hear sing it?
1. Christina and David! They are so much fun to hang around -- and always so thoughtful. (e.g. When they came home for Christmas break last night, they brought flowers and a red velvet cake for our anniversary gift!)
(picture taken this summer at Uncle Maynard's food pantry program in South Dakota)
2. Cats! Sure, Soots is a little 'goofy upstairs', but you gotta love him!
(Soots in a rare moment of calm lap-sitting with Christina)
3. Music! Have I mentioned I like Carole King? ;)
(picture from Mother's Day 2010 concert)
4. My bike! A good bike ride is always uplifting, although this time of year I don't get out nearly as much as I would like.
5. This time of year I looove Christmas books and movies.
Bonus: I'm not that much of a country music fan, but I do like the Randy Travis version of Jingle Bell Rock -- mostly because Mike likes it so much!