Thursday, October 23, 2008

Friday Five: Location, Location, Location

For this F5, we are supposed to "tell about the five favorite places you have lived in your lifetime." I think I'll do mostly "show" and just a little "tell". So here goes:

I lived in Bad Kreuznach, Germany the first 6 weeks of my life. I did get to go back and visit there as an adult with my family.



I grew up in Ashley, North Dakota. Quintessential small town.



I did my undergraduate work at a college in Helena, Montana.



Our first practice was in Loveland, Colorado. Here's the Hub in the aspens.



And now we live in Longview, Washington. We have a big squirrel in town. Does it get any cooler than that? I think not.



------------------------------------
googled the pics of Bad K and Helena

16 comments:

Processing Counselor said...

I looked just like you as a kid, no kidding. Separated at birth?

Sally said...

Gotta love that squirrel!

Di said...

You have lived in some really gorgeous places!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I spent a month in Bad Homburg as a teenager, and really liked it...I imagine Bad Kreuznach is similar.

dust bunny said...

aahhh....the burning barrel. Brings back old autumn memories. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the squirrel! beautiful pictures--thanks for your SHOW and tell!

Teri said...

teehee, Squirrel! :-)

Barbara B. said...

counselor, I'll bet that's it! We were twins, separated at birth!!!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Bad K...really looks inviting. Loved all the pictures.

Auntie Knickers said...

Of course my favorite "Bad" is Bad Kohlgrub (Bad Cold Grub, get it?), a small town in either Bavaria or Baden-Wurttemberg that I spent a night in once. I liked your pictures, especially the squirrel! I just have real ones in my yard, making the dog crazy and scattering this year's fiendishly large crop of acorns.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Lovely! I lived in North Dakota too, for a while. Brrrrrrrr!

LutheranChik said...

My paternal grandmother lived in North Dakota! After her family got off the boat from The Old Country, when she was about three, they traveled to Ohio, then traveled by covered wagon all the way to ND.

Rev SS said...

Love the pics, including the timely Autumn picture of hubby!

Jan said...

I love your pictures!

David B. said...

Dad's mustache is the best part!!

Jennifer said...

Look at you and all of the great places you've lived.
Wonderful play!