Saturday, September 15, 2007

blissfully bloggin' 'bout the breakfast berries


Ah, it is good to have both Offspring #1 and Offspring #2 home this weekend. Next weekend is the big move-in extravaganza at college. Sniffle. But we won't think about that for now. :)

Anyway, Offspring #1 picked these raspberries from our garden this morning for breakfast. We are having a bumper crop of berries this year... along with some terrific tomatoes and prodigious pumpkins. (OK, I'll stop with the alliteration now.)

I'm thinking about trying this smoothie recipe later:

Rasberry Smoothie
1 medium banana
1 cup of red raspberries
1/2 cup of yogurt
1/2 cup of ice

Blend all ingredients. Pour in glass. Take in backyard. Sip while admiring garden. Ignore weeds and lawn that needs mowing.

5 comments:

marie said...

Last time I checked, you had a bumper crop of tomatoes...will any of them show up at my house??????Please,please,please.... :)

Jan said...

What a luscious picture! I so miss Washington raspberries. My mother grew them in her backyard.

Diane M. Roth said...

wow does that look delicious! and thanks for the recipe too!!

Lori said...

I'll bet those raspberries are sweet too! Not like the sad tart and sour market ones here.

Um mmmm. Likin' the part about ignoring the weeds too.

Terri said...

Wow, the smoothie sounds delish...yum...