It is hard to believe, but 2007 is about to be history, and this is our last Friday Five of the year.
With that in mind, share five memorable moments of 2007. These can be happy or sad, profound or silly, good or bad but things that you will remember.
Bonus points for telling us of a "God sighting"-- a moment when the light came through the darkness, a word was spoken, a song sung, laughter rang out, a sermon spoke to you in a new way--whatever you choose, but a moment in 2007 when you sensed Emmanuel, God with us. Or more particularly, you.
Alrighty, here I go!
1. The high school graduation of Offspring #2 and the gathering of family and friends to help celebrate. Steven Colbert was in attendance on the cake. Offspring #2 had a great 'high school career' and is off to a great start in college now.
2. The performance of Offspring #1 as Viola in Twelfth Night at The Skagit River Shakespeare Festival. She is such a talented actor, and watching Shakespeare under the stars this summer was wonderful!
3. Visiting my cousin and his wife in Tennessee for our summer vacation. A highlight was going to Dollywood with Presbyterian Gal. (OK, I'll admit PG was only with us 'virtually'.)
4. Forming the "Empty Nest Hiking Club" with Hubby. While it has been weird to be "empty nesters", going on scenic hikes in the beautiful Pacific NW has helped take the sting out of it!
Hmmm... trying to think of one more...
5. Driving (with Hubby and Offsprings 1&2) to Portland last night in the driving rain (fairly spur of the moment) to go to Powell's Books, a lovely dinner at Jake's and bop around Pioneer Square. Ah, the full nest -- very good.
Bonus: God-sighting: I'm pretty sure God was on the Crosstown Trail on our recent snowshoe trip to Mt Hood.