Singing Owl, after having a bad case of the flu, was pondering the fragility of life. So, she writes: "from the movie of the same name, list five things you want to see, do, accomplish, etc. before you kick the bucket". (She also instructs us to "have fun, and don't think too hard about this one.")
Alrighty, here's my "just off-the-top-of-my-head" list!
1. ROAD TRIP!!! I would take a lengthy road trip meandering through the U.S. and Canada -- but it would focus on the "off the beaten path" areas. I want to see things like Tommy the Turtle in Bottineau, North Dakota. (BTW I would use a fuel efficient, ecologically responsible vehicle. And buy carbon offsets.)
picture from roadsideamerica.com
2. And speaking of the Dakotas, I would like to build a vacation home on 80 acres of land my mother still owns in South Dakota. I would likely not vacation there in the winter, but the other seasons are fair game!
3. I would like to see Offsprings #1 and #2 happily and successfully established in the careers of their choice -- with homes that have large, comfortable guest rooms for Hubby and me to visit (but we would never make pests of ourselves. Well, maybe a little.)
4. I would like to publish (via Blurb) a book detailing our family history/genealogy -- including lots of old photos. (Note, Cavid, I would do a better job proofreading than some people.)
5. I would like to establish a scholarship fund for college students. (I'd have to ponder the specific type of student or major I would be targeting, but it would be great to 'give back' in this way.)