Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Five: Friendship

Kathrynzj "spent the better part of last week on a continuing education cruise with a group of revgals", so today's Friday Five is about friendship.

1) Do you remember your first best friend? What did you do together? Are they still in your life?

Debbie D! (That's her on the left at my 9th birthday...)



Oh gee, what didn't we do?! There was lots of playing outside (bike riding, swimming at the pool, etc.) We formed a two-person club, the "N.O." (Nosy Organization) and made a little clubhouse in her garage attic. We played with Barbies (which may explain my cake) and had epic Monopoly battles (notice I did not use the word 'game'!) I lost touch with Debbie over the years and haven't been able to find her! I might have to hire a private eye!

2) Did you ever have to move away or have your best friend move away from you?
We moved in the middle of my junior year in high school from North Dakota to Montana, but Debbie and I weren't "best" friends then, just "regular" friends! I definitely missed the friends I left behind, but made some really good new friends.

3) Are there people in your life now that you can call 'friend'?
Yikes, I hope so!

4) What are some of your favorite things to do with your friends?
Go for coffee, meet for lunch, bop around antique stores, break glassware while transporting it in the van (yes there's a whole story there!), etc.

5) What is a gift friendship has given you?
The gift of 'connection', if that makes sense.

7 comments:

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

welcome back... seeing the photo of the barbie-cake explains it all... you've been busily preparing to star on the Food Network's show "Ace of Cakes" haven't you???

connection... yep. makes life better.

dust bunny said...

Driving through town with a van full of rattling glassware----makes me laugh every time I think of it. Good times.

angela said...

What adorable little girls you are! And the Barbie cake too...that's way more than they wear now-a-days.

David B. said...

You can count me as a friend!

Processing Counselor said...

You can count me as a friend you never met!

Jan said...

I am so very excited that you are BACK!! This connection is important to me. I haven't been blogging much lately or connecting to others, so finding you again is a gift for today!

Barbara B. said...

Thank you, everyone! :)