Monday, May 10, 2010

an experience of a lifetime



Yesterday I had a glimpse of heaven (without having to go through a pesky near death experience first). Yep, yesterday was the Carole King and James Taylor concert in Seattle. I keep searching for an adjective to describe it, but keep coming up short. AMAZING will have to do.

Mike, my mom, and I met Christina and David in Seattle and had lunch -- at which time Mike revealed a surprise. We had purchased our tickets back in January (and I was excited they were floor seats), but unbeknownst to me Mike had done a significant upgrade for my mom and me for Mother's Day. For a charitable donation (a yikes! amount but for a good cause), he got us access to CK & JT's sound check session, a reception with hors d'oeuvres, and Stage Seats -- and ours were in the first row!

At the end of the sound check session, Carole and James came and talked to our group for a bit. We got James' autograph on our commemorative book, and he signed David's CD too. Way cool! The concert was, seriously, the best one I have ever been to. Carole is my favorite performer of all time (and James rolls in at number two), and they were just incredible. I could go on and on... but I'll just share some of the pictures I took.







And here are a couple of pictures taken by the stage seats...





(Mike is up for "Best Guy Ever" award, by the way!)

6 comments:

David B. said...

Jaaaaazzmaaaaan!

Such an incredible show! I'm lucky to have been able to go and lucky you had Jimmy autograph my CD! LOVED IT!

Terri said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is incredible - you are sooo lucky! Glad you had this amazing day!

Lori said...

What a great Mother's Day surprise!! I'll bet that was the most awesome concert! Mike is a hero for sure!

dust bunny said...

Mike's the man!!

Barbara B. said...

Thanks, yes, so fun!

Jan said...

What fun! So glad you were there!!