Friday, April 18, 2008
Friday Five: For Just 24 Hours
Yesterday I had the 24 hour flu. I had been told by the people who had it first that it really was a twenty-four hour bug. And so while I dealt with all the blech of the flu, I kept reminding myself that morning would come and I would feel a lot better. This is certainly a strange way to start out a Friday Five but it made me think about what I might like to do if I knew it would only last for 24 hours. There are no reality boundaries to these imaginings. So here are the five things for you to consider...
1. If you could dramatically change your physical appearance for 24 hours, what would you do?
I would look like Presbyterian Gal and head to California where she and I would have some wacky fun.
2. If you could live in another place for 24 hours where would you go?
NYC... because if you’ve only got 24 hours, you’ll want a place with plenty to do.
3. You get to do somebody else’s job for a day.
I would either be a movie critic for Time magazine or play oboe in the pit orchestra for a Broadway musical.
4. Spend the day with another person from anywhere in time and space…
I would choose my grandmother (and I'm not picky about the time or place), because it would be awesome to spend time with her again.
5. A magical power is yours. Which one would you pick?
Well... I would like to fly, but I think being invisible would actually be more fun (and potentially quite useful). That’s me pictured below.