Thursday, December 11, 2008
Friday Five: Windows of the Soul
This Friday Five on eyes and vision was inspired by Sophia's husband's Lasik surgery yesterday...
1. What color are your beautiful eyes? Did you inherit them or pass them on to anyone in your family?
My eyes are brown, a color both inherited and passed on. (It's a dominant gene, what can I say?!)
2. What color eyes would you choose if you could change them?
Hmm... I kinda like my brown ones (see bonus question below).
3. Do you wear glasses or contacts? What kind? Like 'em or hate 'em?
I usually wear glasses, but have disposable soft lenses for sports. I like 'em -- especially the glasses since they have transition lenses which change tint depending on lighting levels.
4. Ever had, or contemplated, laser surgery? Happy with the results?
My vision correction is pretty mild, so I'm not motivated for laser refractive surgery.
5. Do you like to look people in the eye, or are you more eye-shy?
As an optometrist, I look people directly in the eye alllllllll day long!
Bonus question: Share a poem, song, or prayer that relates to eyes and seeing.
I present Van Morrison's classic Brown Eyed Girl!
sketch of eye up above from here