Songbird writes: In a week of wondering how various things in our family life will unfold, I found myself thinking of the way Maria comforted the Von Trapp children in one of my favorite movies. Frightened by a thunder storm, the children descend upon her, and she sings to them about her favorite things, taking their minds off the storm.
So, let's encourage ourselves. Share with us five of your favorite things. Use words or pictures, whatever expresses it best.
Yay! I love Julie Andrews and the Sound of Music, and Maria's list was pretty darn good so it gets incorporated into mine.
1. Raindrops on roses. Actually, raindrops seen on any plants while hiking are fine -- I live in the Pacific NW after all! (Here's Hubby and me hiking in the rain:)
2. Whiskers on kittens. Especially if that kitten is Mr. Tumnus.
3. Brown paper packages tied up with strings (or packing tape) -- especially if the package is from Amazon or Powell's and contains a book! Yeah, books are great!
4. Schnitzel with noodles. I gotta admit I love German food (especially if my grandma made it!)
5. Silver white winters that melt into springs. I love snow too! This picture (featuring Offsprings #1&2) was taken last winter break (i.e. a year ago) when we went snowshoeing.
OK, time to head out for the day -- and hope there are no dog bites or bee stings. I know, I know. I'm carrying the lyrics too far.