Revgal Sophia is worried about the health of her son's pet lizard, Elf. She writes: "Others in the ring have also been worried about beloved pets this week. And, in the saddest news of all, Songbird has had to bid farewell to her precious Molly... So in memory of Molly, and in honor of all the beloved animal companions who bless our lives: tell us about the five most memorable pets you have known. "
I've previously posted about Marble and the amazing Mr. Tumnus (some might say ad nauseum). So here are memorable animals who haven't gotten much 'press' from me.
1. My first pet was a black cat named Katze. I went through some old photographs, and, while I didn't find a picture of Katze, I did find one of my childhood friend, Debbie D. She and I played with Katze for hours. This picture was taken at Debbie's house on her birthday. (Debbie is on the right.) I'm not sure why we felt compelled to feed each other her birthday cake...
2. Chumley, my first and only dog (a Boston Terrier). He had a cute little nose and a cheery personality. Here he is on his favorite loveseat (which he sort of chewed up).
3. Kitty Carlisle -- which I think is an awesome name for a cat. Hubby and I got him shortly after we got married. He was a really sweet kitty:
4. Leroy the Bug. The best bug-as-a-pet ever. Just like Lassie, there were several Leroys, but shhhhh... don't tell Offsprings #1&2.
(picture from here)
5. Licorice -- I still miss that cute little kitty. Here he was playing some Tchaikovsky.