Wednesday, February 4, 2009

mid-week movie break!


I went to see Gran Torino with my mom tonight. I'd heard good things about it, but having seen the previews (and because it's Clint Eastwood!), I was worried about it being Dirty Harryish. However, it's less "make my day" and more about (to quote movie critic Roger Ebert) "the belated flowering of a man's better nature. And it's about Americans of different races growing more open to one another in the new century."

I was surprised at how much I liked it. Worth seeing.

That is all. Time for bed.

5 comments:

Lori said...

and it's The Man! He makes such great movies.

Thanks for the review!

dust bunny said...

I would have TAKEN that movie over another any day.

Terri said...

I've heard from other people that it is a good movie! Need to find some time to see it...

Jan said...

Glad you recommended it. MY oldest son told me I should see it because the character Clint Eastwood plays reminds me of my dad.

Diane M. Roth said...

ok! your endorsement is enough for me!