Tuesday, June 19, 2007
"Five Things I Dig About Jesus"
Diane tagged me for this meme. Here's the way it works:
(a) Those tagged will share "Five Things They Dig About Jesus".
(b) Those tagged will tag 5 people.
(c) Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comments section of this post so everyone can keep track of what's being posted.
Alrighty then! Here are my five things:
1. Jesus was Jewish and I dig Jewish guys. (Of course I do -- I married one!)
2. Jesus was all about compassion -- not just as an individual virtue but as an entire social and political paradigm!
3. Jesus used the language of paradox and I dig paradoxes. (Hmm... is that the plural of paradox? Fox, foxes; paradox, paradoxes. OK, works for me.)
4. Jesus sided with the marginalized and challenged the domination system of his day. You gotta love that.
5. Jesus knew how to have a good time at a party. (After just having thrown a party, I see this as a great quality.)
Always tough to know who to tag, but I'll pick:
Hot Cup Lutheran