Monday, June 11, 2007

tagged


Aargh! I've been tagged by Serena! I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Alrighty then. Here are eight (count 'em, eight!) random Barb factoids.

1. My summer job in high school was working in my parents' drug store (in a small town in North Dakota). Instead of getting much work done, I spent my time writing and illustrating a newsletter filled with stories about the shoppers who came into the store. Since I was writing it "on the sly", I named it The Underground Gazette.

2. I noticed on Diane's blog that she types 80 words per minute. Her sharing of this fact inspired me to present my factoid #2: I was awarded the coveted Speed Typing Award in high school. Oh yeah. Still have the small medallion. Yep, I beat out Ann Vefik. I think she's still bitter.

3. When I was in college I thought that writing movie reviews for Time Magazine would be my 'dream job'. So I majored in biology and went on to get a doctorate in optometry. Yeah, that's close.

4. When we were in optometry school my boyfriend (who is now my husband) and I went to the movies every Friday night without fail. It was a fun tradition. Next fall when we are empty nesting, I'll bet we will revive that old tradition.

5. The book My Antonia inspired me to do genealogical research for my family. My ethnicity is "Germans from Russia" on both sides. I do, in fact, love dumplings, kuchen, and even sauerkraut.

6. I find my kids so cool that even if we weren't related I would want to hang out with them.

7. I am not a great hostess (even though I try!), so the upcoming graduation party for Offspring #2 will probably be a teensy bit stressful for me.

8. Hmmm.... 8. What to write for 8. Dunno. Can I be done with 7? (Why yes, Barb, you can!)

OK, now to think of 8 people to tag. Geez. That's a lot. Can I just do 2? (Why yes, Barb, you can!)
Cheesehead
St. Casserole

4 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

hey Barb... great!!! I was going to tag you and would have, if I hadn't read Serena's list FIRST. I WANT to be a good hostess, but am not. However, I'm terrific at leading worship, if I do say so myself.

Rev SS said...

Great play, BB. As always, your writing style makes me laugh! And, hey, I'm with you when it comes to hostessing .. and think I'm pretty good at leading worship too, Diane!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

Well I was lazy & didn't tag anyone but you were on my list... so dream job at Time eh? My dream job would be to be a voice of a Muppet or a ballerina... so yeah being a pastor is very close to that no?

Barbara B. said...

Diane, it would be cool to see you lead worship. (Next time I'm in Minnesota, I'm there!) I already know first hand that Serena is AWESOME at leading worship!
Hot Cup, wow, you got as close to your dream job as I did! :)