Monday, May 26, 2008
The "Oddly Familiar" Meme
Both Jan and Ruth tagged me for this meme, so I guess I better put on my thinking cap and finally get to it!
blah blah blah, I'm not posting them! :)
Ten years ago:
Hubby and I were working at the same clinic we're both at today (we know how to hang in there!) Offsprings #1 & 2 were ages 11 and 9 respectively. As it was nearing the end of May, I'm sure we were planning a summer vacation. (Hubby the historian would remember where we went 10 years ago, but he is taking a nap right now so it will have to remain a mystery.)
Five things on today's "to do" list:
Since the day is winding down, I'll make this about tomorrow.
* Meet Dust Bunny for toast and coffee at the Red Rooster Bakery before work
* Go to work; check many eyeballs
* Go on a bike ride after work
* Throw together some sort of dinner with whatever I find in the refrigerator
* Water the garden after dinner (unless it has rained, then I will simply admire the garden)
Things I'd do if I was a billionaire:
* Open a Dairy Queen in Artas, South Dakota because it would perk up the few residents who live there.
* Make generous donations to live theatre and live music programs because that would perk up Offsprings #1 and #2.
* Give Rev SS a really, really nice gift, even though she didn't give me one when she was a billionaire.
* Get help to figure out the best way to make a difference in the world with that kind of money (because obviously I'd need help if I'm opening DQ's in towns of 13 people.)
Three bad habits:
* Trying to please all of the people all of the time
* Buying too many books instead of using the library
* Letting the mail stack up on the kitchen counter (and unopened if it looks boring)
Five places I've lived:
Bad Kreuznach, Germany (for 6 weeks!)
Ashley, North Dakota
Forest Grove, Oregon
Five jobs I've had:
* Clerk at our family drug store (however, this was more play than work)
* Directory Assistance Operator (summer job during college)
* State of Montana Water Quality Lab technician (another summer job during college)
* State of Montana "Hydrologic Engineer" (yet another summer job during college)
People I'm tagging:
YOU if you haven't played yet!