1. How is this Friday the 13th looking for you?
Well, it could be looking better. Hubby is sick! Yesterday he left work early with a pounding headache, then developed a fever and nausea. (I'd report on his progress, but he's still sleeping!) I suppose technically we can't blame Friday the 13th since it happened on Thursday the 12th!
2. Have you ever had anything unlucky happen on Friday the 13th?
Nope, can't say that I have. As a child I had a black cat, so I'm sure 'Katze' counter-acted anything that Friday the 13th could throw my way! ;)
Here's Katze and me:
(The camera caught me at half blink, but Katze made up for it with his wiiiiiide open eyes!)
3. Did your family of origin embrace or scorn superstitions?
We'd be more on the scorn side! Although I think 'amused' would be a better word.
4. Are there any unique or amusing ones from your family, region, or ethnic background?
Yes, there's that word amusing! My ethnic background is "Germans from Russia" and one superstition is that if you, for example, bruise your elbow or knee, your parent (or friend or whatever) blows on or kisses the area while saying "Heile, Heile Katzendreck, Morgen ist alles Wieder Weg!" -- which I think basically means with the magic of cat poop, it will be better tomorrow.
(Who knew there would be a picture of Katzendreck on the internet?!)
5. Do you love or hate horror movies like "Friday the 13th"?
Hate them. And I can't over-state that.