Sunday, January 25, 2009

and still more of the white stuff...

Yep, we had a little more snow today. The amount of snowfall so far this winter in our area is the most we've seen since we've lived here (22 plus years). There really wasn't enough snow for snowshoeing, so Hubby and I went 'shoe-snowing' -- i.e. we just put on our regular footwear and walked in the snow. But I do like the term 'shoe-snowing'. Wonder if I can submit it to Merriam Webster.

Anywhoo, we went to Hoyt Arboretum, a greenspace just a couple of miles from downtown Portland.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!

Diane M. Roth said...

great pictures!!!!

hope you had fun in the green space.

Jan said...

I love the way you put all the pictures together. I'll have to call my daughter in Seattle and see if they had snow, too.

Terri said...

one of these days when I no longer work on Sunday's...I'll go shoe-snowing...

dust bunny said...

snow...don't like it anymore.

Processing Counselor said...

Hey, the Dust Bunny made an appearance just above me!
I like your pictures.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

shoes in the snow...
ho-ho-ho
shoes in the snow...
wouldn't you know
oh shoes in the snow...
hum-de-hum-de-hum

i seem to have forgotten the lyrics...

Barbara B. said...

LOL hot cup!

Lori said...

Nice pictures!

And the Webster people are really nice. They will listen you your suggestion I just bet!