Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cecile and Ella

This week's postcard is one of my "road" ones. It was sent on September 30th, 1907 by Cecile (if I'm reading the writing correctly) to Mrs. Ella Gilloway (or is that Silloway?) in Bradford, Vermont.

Here's the front. (I find the road intriguing.)



Rec'd your postal and thank you very much for it. How are you? I am (a) good deal better. I should like to see you. Cecile

Hmmm... I wonder what the problem had been with Cecile.

And here's the back:



I like how no street address was needed for Ella. It was either a small town, or Ella was really well known!

3 comments:

Lori said...

That is a haunting picture.

Ella is a mysterious creature. If she was southern, I'd say she must have had the vapors.

Jennifer said...

Have I said thank you lately for these fun interludes?

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Beautiful postcard. And I love that perfect handwriting.