Sunday, July 19, 2009

stuff in the attic

One of the goals Hubby and I had this year was to sort through the stuff in the attic above the garage. There were boxes we had stuck away when we moved into this house 16 years ago -- and hadn't looked at since. So yesterday I lit a candle and slowly climbed the stairs...



Actually, Ned Nickerson just turned on the light. And so far we've found some old treasures -- like my high school and college yearbooks. Yay! I had been worried they were lost!

This picture was found loose in some old papers. It was taken during my freshman (or perhaps sophomore?) year of college by my erstwhile boyfriend. (I think that's an inorganic chem lab book, so that would make it freshman year.) Anyway, I'm in his dorm room and am wearing his sweater and cap. The point of that was... ? Dunno. But here I am:



I look... um... well, the adjective escapes me.

6 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

...very Nancy Drew.

dust bunny said...

Are you sure you're not channeling George in that pic?

Barbara B. said...

The hair would be too long for George. I'd rather go with Purple's Nancy Drew, but Nancy would never look that disheveled.

Lori said...

Nancy Drew's rowdy cousin! That's who you look like. I don't know that there ever actually was such a character, but if there was, you'da been it!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

you look discontent... obviously former boyfriend (his sweater & cap) were all wrong for you!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I think in that particular photo, you look disgruntled.

Isn't that a great word? Disgruntled.