Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Five: Child's Play Edition

Kathrynzj writes: Today’s Friday Five celebrates the spontaneous child in all of us… ar at least the one that we admire in someone else:

1) On a scale of 1-5, with 5 being "I can’t do this now I am about to jump into a pit of plastic balls at the mini-mall" and 1 being "I can’t do this now until I can get all of the fonts on my blog to match" – where are you?

I like to think I'm at the good balance point of 2.5. (I'm not saying I'm there; I'm just saying I like to think that!)

2) What is the silliest/most childlike thing you have done as an adult?

Hmm... I tend to go for "small sillies" rather than big ones. One thing that comes to mind is our now annual Thanksgiving pie festival with the Dust Bunny family which I've previously posted:



Another thing that comes to mind was stealing a friend's chair and writing ransom notes.

3) Any regrets?

Only that I wasn't paid a fair sum to return the chair. :)

4) What is the silliest thing you have ever seen another adult do on purpose?

Someone at the clinic likes to dress up for holidays. For example, on St. Patrick's Day she wore an over-the-top green outfit including a bright green wig.

5) What is something you wish you did when you had the chance?

I thought it would be fun to skydive when I was younger. I'm not fond of heights now so I definitely would not be interested in doing that these days. Although perhaps Presbygal could talk me into it. (Click to enlarge)

13 comments:

Iris said...

What a fun play, Barbara!

I like the "small sillies," too. Like the time my youth group and I "flamingoed" my colleague's yard who was moving to Florida.

Processing Counselor said...

I'm so sorry you're not coming to NYC. We could bungee jump off the Empire State building!

dust bunny said...

Sky diving....To mangle a quote from that OTHER Marie...."Let us eat pie."

Lori said...

Thanks for letting me have the black jumpsuit!

I'm certainly hoping our chutes will open!!!

(PS I have never grown up. I still run with scissors and we play "hide Sock Monkey" at my house)

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I think you would of fit right in with the preaching in shorts/tshirt/sandals group.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

ooohh i like the dressing for St. Patties... and yes indeedy the sky's the limit. (glad to see you weren't weilding the pie server mid air...)

Terri said...

Yes, if we lived closer I could learn to be silly by hanging out with you. And I would probably be a good student, too!

David B. said...

I didn't know you did a ransom note with someone's chair, that made me laugh :)

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

LOL at you and Presby Gal!

Jan said...

What fun!

Rev SS said...

Iremember a couple other sillies we shared :)

Barbara B. said...

RevSS, Yes, I was thinking about those too! ;)

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love your little sillies.