Saturday, December 5, 2009

Nothing says Christmas like frozen batteries...

This postcard was sent to Miss Maggie Ryan, Route #3, Hillsboro, Oregon by her sister almost exactly 100 years ago (at 5 p.m. on December 6, 1909 to be precise).



Seems the sisters were hit with a cold spell.



Dear Maggie, Well are you all froze in out there? I guess the batteries are frozen anyway. Don't you want some one to fix them? I haven't talked to anyone since I haven't been very well the last few days. I wrote to Ma today. Answer soon. Your sis.

(I'm wondering how one fixes frozen batteries, because I would think they would just explode and/or leak.)

6 comments:

Lori said...

My batteries are froze up this morning too!

Wonder who the A.M. Sanford is that the sister is shacked up with.

Barbara B. said...

LOL --and especially laughing about A.M. Sanford! (How did I forget to include that important piece of writing?!)

dust bunny said...

Oh, dear.....this reminds me. I haven't done the family card yet.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

my goodness what a cold spell! boonieville is uh... being covered with snow. i got the long johns on... and must get snowpants out of car... to warm 'em up so i can walk mochajava in the winterwonderland... i'll leave the batteries at home.

Terri said...

frozen? what is that?

Rev SS said...

yes, I want to know about this Sanford fella too