Friday, December 11, 2009

song of long ago

A couple of nights ago I went upstairs to wrap Christmas presents but got side-tracked when I moved old photos out of the way to get to the wrapping paper. Several months ago I had discovered the trunk of old photos when my mom moved into her condo, and Carole King's Song of Long Ago had been rattling around in my head in conjunction with that. So I finally put it all together.

Basically it was done as a video Christmas card to my cousins, Keith and Cheryl. Growing up, my brother, Paul, and I used to love getting together with them. I think the slideshow is more poignant since we lost my brother some 13 years ago already, but it was really created to celebrate the wonderful times we had together 'long ago' in the Dakotas. (Mostly we four cousins are featured, but our parents and Grandpa and Grandma are in there too.)

Anywhoo, if you don't know me that well, feel free not to watch!
C&D, I made it with you in mind too, so I think you'll like it. :)

6 comments:

Terri said...

Oh geeze, a great bunch of photos! Enjoyed this, even though I don't know you all that well...

Lori said...

That was really fun! It looks like you had such good times together. The song is perfect. Looks like you were the youngest? Great old hairstyles too!

Barbara B. said...

Yep, I am the youngest -- which is why I always got stuck being George when we performed as the Beatles. Still bitter. :)

dust bunny said...

Great, great pictures and memories. (I had to provide my own version of the song....rackin' frackin' computer)

David B. said...

That was a really great slide show, made me smile :) What's with that one picture of Cheryl?! Did I hear 'ol Jimmy Taylor singing in the song too?

Barbara B. said...

The one where she was 'running'? I dunno, it was in taken when we all went to Minnesota and stayed in a 'cabin' by the lake. Maybe she was eager to get to the lake! :)

And yes, that was J.T. What could be better than Carole King and James Taylor together? (Answer: nothing!)