Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Five Do Nothing Edition

Sallys says: I am reading a wonderful little book for Advent it's title: "Do nothing Christmas is Coming!" So this weeks Friday Five is simple. List Five things you won't be doing to prepare for Christmas. And while you are doing nothing play the bonus, put your feet up and listen to your favourite Advent Carol, and post it or a link to it.

Hmm... It would perhaps have been easier to list what I still have to do to prepare for Christmas! But in any event, to prepare for Christmas I will not be...

1. ...eating fruitcake. This is incredibly easy since I don't like it.



2. ...drinking eggnog. (Ditto, and let me add "Ewwwww.")

3. ...not be putting up all of the Christmas decorations inside the house. (The Coca-Cola bears were never a good idea!)

4. ...not hosting our two-family gift exchange (with the Dust Bunny family) at our house since the Thanksgiving Pie Fest was here.

5. ...not going to go crazy with putting up lots of outdoor lights and decorations. C&D get to do that when they get home!

Here's that bonus Christmas song:




--------------------------
cartoon from here

7 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

I've always wondered about that song, specifically the last verse. What king? Certainly not Herod; of course the Magi are sometimes styled Kings; or was it perhaps Constantine or some other Christianizing king?

Anonymous said...

I have never liked eggnog and don't know anybody that does but I do like Cocacola bears so there!

--TKJ

Lori said...

I used to have a Coca Cola bear that blew bubbles....er...uh...I should say my son used to have a .....well.

Anyway, I am doing all that stuff except the eggnog. I've always enjoyed fruitcake, which is obvious from my taste in men.

:-)

Unknown said...

I love your answers.

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I am still laughing WITH the fruitcake.

dust bunny said...

fruit cake....gaahhhh!!!
Aren't you glad you had the Bunny helping with (a few of) the lights?!

Guess I'd better get to cleaning the hutch for the Christmas festivities.

Rev SS said...

-:) I like the fruitcake cartoon!