Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday with Serena

OK, we actually got together yesterday, but where's the alliteration in "Friday with Serena"?! Anywhoo, drove through a torrential downpour (only a slight exaggeration) to meet Serena for lunch at our favorite waterside restaurant in Olympia. The picture was taken just outside the restaurant. (I wore my hair Conan O'Brien style in solidarity with that performer.) After lunch we did a walkabout and I picked up a few old postcards. Here's my favorite (which I bought with Christina in mind).

It's a postcard from 1908 advertising an upcoming play. Apparently the play was going to be pretty darn funny (or at least delightful):



10 comments:

Terri said...

I love these old postcards you find....

Unknown said...

That's a cute postcard Momma :)

Lori said...

That is great! "The Road to Yesterday" from....yesterday!

Love it.

Rev SS said...

hey ... how come no one commented on the cute photo of the two of us???? -:)

being with you again was worth the drive thru the downpour ... and so nice it let up so we could walk!

Barbara B. said...

Yes, lack of comments on our photo IS a mystery! ;)

(And glad we did get to walk off some of that good lunch!)

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love the Conan O'Brian hair.

Anonymous said...

Okay--since you are begging for a comment on the picture of the 2 of you, I'll just say it is a good picture and it's nice the 2 of you can get together every now and then for a visit.

Did the entire luncheon consist of Barb telling how excited she is about the upcoming concert in Seattle???--oooohhhh I forgot the names of the --oh I just remembered it's M&M and Beyonce.

Barbara B. said...

No, Anonymous, that would be the incomparable CAROLE KING and JAMES TAYLOR! :)

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

i'm sure you 2 gals had an amazingly fun time...

Diane M. Roth said...

great picture of you two - makes me want to meet you... and great postcard, as usual!