Friday, May 4, 2007
Alrighty! I'm going to play the RevGalBlogPal's "Friday Five" this week! Songbird is having a birthday and thinking about parties. So we're supposed to respond to these five questions "about parties, birthday or otherwise".
1) Would you rather be the host or the guest?
Wow, that's a tough one since I'm not a big "planned party" person. I like the lowkey thirtysomething approach where friends just sort of wander in, open the refrigerator, and help themselves. But if I had to answer "host" or "guest" I guess I'd pick guest -- less work!
2) When you are hosting, do you clean everything up the minute the guests go home? Will you accept help with the dishes?
I try to clean up the major stuff, and the minor things can wait until morning. I would definitely accept help with the dishes, although asking guests to push the vacuum might be going too far. :)
3) If you had the wherewithal, and I guess I mean more than money, to throw a great theme party, what would the theme be?
It might be fun to do a "come as your favorite character from a book" party. I would be Antonia from Willa Cather's My Antonia.
4) What's the worst time you ever had at a party?
Hmm... I would have to probably say the "toga party" I attended in optometry school. Optometry students can't really pull off an Animal House party that well. We came in our bed sheet togas, and then mostly sat around looking goofy.
5) And to end on a brighter note, what was the best?
I think I peaked early. The best party was probably the New Years Eve party I had in childhood with my brother and the babysitter. We decorated for it all day and ate a bunch of food in the evening. We stayed up until midnight and then jumped on balloons to make them pop. Yeah, good times.