Songbird writes: In the late, late winter, as the snow begins to recede here in Maine, we begin to look almost desperately for signs of spring, signs of hope that the weather has turned and a new day is on the horizon. For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, Easter and Spring twine inextricably, the crocuses and daffodils peeking through the Earth as we await the risen Christ.
Share with us five signs of hope that you can see today or have experienced in the past.
1. More daylight! I'm no longer going to work and coming back home in the dark. Soon I will resume my 'every other day bike commute'.
2. Green lawn! Oh wait, this is the Pacific NW. Our lawn is green year round. Never mind. Move on to #3.
3. More birds! Yep--I'm seeing more birds on our back fence when I'm eating breakfast in the morning.
4. Marble (who is getting old and having some kidney problems) is no longer freaked out by his new water fountain and is drinking lots of water. Yay!
5. Garbage Puff was seen packing this morning. The spring break trip to California (heads up, Presbyterian Gal!) is verrrrry close now...