This week's Friday Five is courtesy of Presbyterian Gal (Woohoo!)
Somehow she started at Al Pacino and arrived at summer time, blessings, and the following questions. (It flowed when she did it. Really.)
1. What is your sweetest summer memory from childhood? Did it involve watermelon or hand cranked ice cream? Or perhaps a teen summer romance. Which stands out for you?
Can I answer "All of the above"? I grew up in a 'Mayberryesque' small town in North Dakota which, for me, was great. Here I am at a lake cabin after fishing. Since I caught nothing, I am proudly displaying seaweed. (Andy and Aunt Bee would have been proud of my putting a positive spin on the situation!)
2. Describe your all time favorite piece of summer clothing. The one thing you could put on in the summer that would seem to insure a cooler, more excellent day.
After initially being annoyed at having to wear them, I now really like my sun protection shirts. They are cool (in temperature if not so much in appearance) and I don't have to worry as much about sunscreen.
3. What summer food fills your mouth with delight and whose flavor stays happily with you long after eaten?
Any of the summer fruits. Speaking of which, I used to dig Choo Choo Cherry. (Of course that doesn't reaalllly fit in the authentic fruit category, but Presbyterian Gal had me reminiscing about childhood.)
4. Tell us about the summer vacation or holiday that holds your dearest memory.
I was born in Germany, so the family vacation where we visited that country was wonderful.
5. Have you had any experience(s) this summer that has drawn you closer to God or perhaps shown you His wonder in a new way?
I guess the short answer would be no. (But, hey, I'm open.)
Bonus question: When it is really hot, humid and uncomfortable, what do you do to refresh and renew body and spirit?
A dip in a swimming pool or lake is best, but a cool shower works too!