Saturday, August 16, 2008

a pictorial look at garbage puff's friday...



Hubby, the Dust Bunnies, and I decided to take Amtrak to Portland yesterday to celebrate our summer birthdays. (The Dust Bunnies are on the right.) Imagine our surprise when Garbage Puff popped up!



He insisted on purchasing a ticket and coming along...



When actually on board, Garbage Puff was somewhat apprehensive, but felt a bit better after perusing the safety brochure.



He felt even better after arriving in Portland and having lunch at Kells Irish Pub. (He reports that the Reuben was delicious.)



There were a few tense moments at Powell's bookstore when Garbage Puff was lost. It turns out he was in the children's section, glued to the Raggedy Ann and Andy books. I suppose he felt a certain kinship...



It was a scorcher of a day in Portland (temps in the 90's), and Garbage Puff kept begging on the return ride to get a margarita when we got back to Longview. I finally relented, although I probably shouldn't reward that begging type of behavior.

8 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh my, what an adventure.

I hate to think what GP's blood alcohol content was after that margarita. I mean, look at its size compared to his! He was probably clinically dead! Poor GP.

dust bunny said...

What a fun, fun, F..U..N spells fun day!!!
(I think GP has a hollow tail)

Lori said...

And is GP really old enough to drink? I hope you drove him home from the train station!

Terri said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Barbara B. said...

LOL, ruth! good point!

pg, we took the keys away from GP and drove him home... :)

Rev SS said...

Ah, now I understand, GP is the scapegoat :) ... Like Marie's new hairstyle.

Rev SS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

At first I was marveled to see such a blog.Your blog is sparkling. It has a great appeal. How are U able to cope such a lot.

Meet me at
http://gwb-chinese.blogspot.com/
Waiting with curiosity. To know your innovation.

And if you want to learn chinese,please visit at
http://www.chinesepal.cn
or
http://www.chinesepal.cn/first/learn-chinese/index.htm
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!