Friday, August 1, 2008
Friday Five: Lock Me Out, Lock Me In
Songbird reports that Blogger declared the Revgals blog possible SPAM yesterday and locked it down! Happily, everything is ok now. Songbird writes:
This turned out to be a very small barricade in our blogging community life, but it seemed appropriate to explore locks and blocks and other barriers this week. Also, I liked the picture of the security team above! Could they be Blogger's Spam Prevention Robots, working overtime? In honor of their efforts, I bring you the "Lock Me Out, Lock Me In" Friday Five.
1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel?
Books on CD and NPR programs are both ideal for this! Of course, music CD's work too--especially if one sings along. Carole King and I have done many a duet.
2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?)
I have locked myself out of the house a couple of times. Luckily I've always had a friend or relative with a key! (When Offspring #2 locked himself out at his college apartment recently, he solved it a different way.)
3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven't flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.)
I am a "fixer" by nature, so I usually put on my thinking cap and try to get creative when presented by hurdles. Actually, Offspring #1 recently shared with me a dream she had about my "fixing" abilities. I can't remember the details, but it involved me getting an elephant for her, and assuring her that I would be able to 'sell' it again later so everything would work out fine.
I'm sure a psychologist would have a great time with that one!
4) What's your approach to a mental block?
I usually get cranky until it passes.
5) Suggest a caption for the picture above; there will be a prize for the funniest answer!
Aaaargh! I'm having a mental block. Now I'm cranky.
No prize for me -- so I'm doubly cranky!