Monday, July 30, 2007

gotta love that steve


I've always liked Steve Martin. He fits my definition of renaissance man: comedian! author! musician! actor! philosophy major! art collector!

But mostly I like him because he cracks me up. He doesn't really even need to do much. He can move from point A to point B and I find it hilarious. (There's just something about his body language!)

I saw today where he married Anne Stringfield, writer for The New Yorker. It was a surprise wedding -- seems they had told their guests they were coming to a dinner party. They were married by Bob Kerrey, former U.S. senator from Nebraska, and fried green tomatoes were served. But by far the best part: Martin delivered his vows sporting the Inspector Clouseau mustache.

Yep, quintessential Steve.

8 comments:

Terri said...

I agree. I hope this marriage brings him (and her) great happiness and contentment.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

can you imagine being married to someone like that and having an arugment... it would always dissolve in fits of laughter! that's good right?

Lori said...

I have always secretly lusted after Steve Martin. I saw him perform live at the Universal Amphitheater. He was the opening act for the Blues Brothers and did the King Tut song.

I hope he's happy being married. It's not an easy business for folks with minds as grand as his to manage marriage.

Barbara B. said...

Yep, HC, it would be hard to have an argument with Steve!
And PG, whoa! Steve Martin AND the Blues Brothers -- doesn't get much better than that!

Diane M. Roth said...

my brother still quotes old Steve Martin routines... I wish them every happiness! And I think he is a renaissance man!

marie said...

Smart, talented and funny....the Steve Martin Hat Trick!

Ruby said...

I love Steve Martin, but I wouldn't want to kiss the Clouseau mustache. Ptooey!

Barbara B. said...

LOL -- Hadn't even thought about kissing the Clouseau mustache! :)