Friday, July 6, 2007

Hasty Answers to the Friday Five: "Hasty Edition"


Reverendmother says:
Whoops! I have been in a family-induced haze these few days, with the July 4 holiday and taking time off while relatives are visiting. So I literally lost track of what day it was!

So rather than make you guys wait even one minute longer for the five, I'll dig up an oldie: Today, what are you:


1. Wearing
I am currently wearing mismatched pj's: A Winnie the Pooh top and a pair of Offspring #1's old shorts from her fast-pitch softball days. I look really...umm... good. Yeah.

2. Reading
I am currently reading Al Gore's The Assault on Reason: good thoughts, but dry style. If only he had asked me, I could have helped him make it more zippy.

3. Eating
A cinnamon roll brought over last night by one of Offspring #2's friends -- gooey deliciousness which is going well with a steaming hot cup of coffee.

4. Doing
At the moment, of course, I'm typing out my Friday Five... but later I have some clinic chart work to finish and a few errands to run. Rumor has it Offspring #2 and I may go to the movie Ratatouille.

5. Pondering
I'm pondering the implications of this statement: "Everything that every individual has ever done in all of human history and prehistory establishes the minimum boundary of the possible. The maximum, if any, is completely unknown." --John Tooby and Leda Cosmides, The Adapted Mind

16 comments:

Cathy said...

I bet you do look like a fashion statement for sure!
Well played!

Lori said...

Wonderboy and I saw "Ratatouille" on Tuesday. Very funny. You'll enjoy it I wager.

Your pondering is wonderful! Tooby and Cosmides set the bar very high indeed.

Unknown said...

That really is a probing ponder.

Jan said...

MMMMM--cinnamon roll! Your pondering will go well with the Sunday School lesson I'm preparing eventually.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

ah count me on in the cinnamon rolls... but I'm gonna pass on reading Al. #5 is a kicker indeed... makes me think where am I today? what am I doing? and then I'd give up being philosophical and grab another cinnamon roll!

Diane M. Roth said...

wow, heavy (and love you attire)(wish it were mine today)

Terri said...

It's too hot and I've decided to take the summer "off" from "pondering." No serious thinking here, unless it has to do with poetry.

Terri said...

Oh. And I hope you enjoy the movie.

Teri said...

now I want cinnamon rolls.

but I'm still wearing my pajamas (at 4.45 in the afternoon!) so I'm unlikely to get them...

sad.

Sally said...

wow that is some statement to ponder... enjoy your day

Rev SS said...

final quote sets the bar for pondering, cinnamon roll sets the bar for food, and your outfit sets the bar for fashion ... now off to read notes re Harry Potter ... thanks for the info.

RevDrKate said...

I am totally with Serena here. I think it just does not get any better than a woman in mismatched jammies with a gooey roll thinkin' deep thoughts on a Friday!

Barbara B. said...

Thanks, everyone, for the comments... and the movie was cute! :)

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, Barb is the gold standard to which we all aspire...

and I'm yearning to go to a good movie one of these days.

Barbara B. said...

LOL on the 'gold standard', Diane!

Ruby said...

My son's headed out to see Ratatouille this afternoon, and I want to go, too, but will be at a wedding instead.